Home Security Information, Fire Safety Tips and More
Home security tips: They may seem like common sense, but sometimes families need a refresher course. As an authorized ADT dealer, SafeStreetsUSA believes that installing an ADT monitored home security system is the best first step toward optimal home security. However, there are additional measures that can help you protect your property even more.
For example: When you will be away for the night, we recommend that you make your home look occupied. Leave interior and exterior lights on when you leave, and if you will be away for a series of nights, use automatic timers to turn lights on in the evening and off during the day. A motion-sensitive light is recommended for backyards, driveways and patios.
Other home security tips…
…Involve your locks. Door locks are the most practical way to secure the home, but it’s important to:
- Keep your garage door closed and locked, even when the home is occupied.
- Replace vulnerable push button locks with deadbolts on all your outside doors.
- On sliding glass doors, use special locks that provide enhanced security.
- Change your locks immediately if anyone’s keys are lost or stolen.
- Change all locks when moving into a new home.
Finally, home security information includes keeping your home as low profile as possible. Consider:
- Keeping outdoor valuables (lawn mowers, tools, ladders, barbecues and bicycles) stored safely out of sight.
- Never leaving notes on your door indicating that you are not there. Instead, notify friends and family of your absence privately via phone call or text message.
- Keeping trees and shrubs neatly trimmed, so that they provide privacy but do not serve as hiding places for intruders.
Home Security Tips for Fire Prevention
- Never leave the kitchen while cooking.
- Keep dishtowels, bags, and curtains at least three feet away from the stove top.
- Keep outdoor grills at least ten feet away from the house and all vegetation.
- Keep matches or lighters in a place where children cannot reach (or see) them.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet away from bedding, curtains and papers. Never leave a space heater running when the home is unoccupied.
- Dampen cigarette and cigar butts with water before disposing of them.
- Never leave candles burning unattended.
- Check the dryer regularly to empty the lint trap.
As stated, installing an ADT monitored home security system with optional smoke alarm upgrades is the first step toward helping to SafeStreetsUSA and family from fire.
Following this home security information and installing a reliable ADT monitored home security system can be the best way to help protect your property and loved ones. To learn how you can obtain a free* ADT monitored security system, call the number below today.
Call 877-855-8242 Today!
For questions on home security tips or this special free* alarm system offer, call today; or if you prefer, complete the above contact form to receive a prompt reply from a representative.